Your email:

This field is required.

you've made it!

You have been added to our mailing list

It’s all in our Blog


Sign up to receive notification of new blog posts & latest news.

Hi. If you have made it this far into our website, we are assuming that planting in the UK tickles your mind.


Let’s be honest with each other then. We try and run our planting operations as close as possible to Canadian operations. Having worked in the Canadian forest industry for over 15 years combined, we have a good idea on how things go, but the UK is not always geared to follow the same path. Planting in the winter is also a bit different. You will not have to worry about bugs, which is amazing, but cold weather will bring its own challenges, especially when it rains.  We always give the option of providing accommodation and work vehicles to our crews.

Our crews usually consist of 9 planters and 1 foreman. We try and do shift rotations of 4/1 or 3/1 as much as possible.​

The main difference between planting in the UK vs Canada is the use of bareroots. We have found that in general, a planter will need 2-3 shifts to adjust their technique to the new spec but within this time, you should be back to planting your regular numbers. 80% of the trees planted here are bareroots so there is no escaping them and, to be honest, there are advantages to them: they are light weight since there is no soil surrounding the roots. That said, the trees can also be bigger than what you are used to. The land over here could be compared to Alberta land, 95% of it being either mounded or trenched.​

Tomorrow’s Forests Ltd has contracts up and down England and Scotland, which will allow you to see a lot of the UK whilst working with us. Safety is our number one priority and we make sure everyone is on board with it. Working hard and being rewarded for it is our number two priority. We want to make sure everyone who becomes part of our team goes home having enjoyed working and traveling in the UK.​

In order to work in the UK if you are not a UK citizen or have a European passport, you will need to apply for a work visa. The visa required to come over here is called Tier 5 Youth mobility. To be eligible for this work permit, you will need to be 30 years old or younger. More information about the visa can be found on the UK immigration website HERE


If you are still unsure whether you would like to join our team and have more questions, please feel free to email us at with the subject and we will be happy to get back to you with any further information.


We hope to hear from you soon,



Nick and Liz Tomorrow's Forests




This field is required.

Thank You!

The form has been successfully sent.


This field is required.

Previous Experience 


© 2023 Tomorrow's Forests. All Rights Reserved.​

Tomorrow's Forests
Tomorrow's Forests
Creating Tomorrow's Forests